October 15, 2020
I so enjoyed seeing those who attended onsite worship last Sunday and catching up with a few of you. It was good to see Rooted Youth and Children’s Church back in action. It was also great to see that so many of you worshipped online and connected with each other in the chat. Attendance at the 18h00 service was low. We’ll monitor attendance over the next 2 Sundays and decide one way or the other regarding the 18h00 service during Level One lockdown. We have tweaked a few things for this Sunday:
- Owing to a problem with registration, for this week only the worship registration deadline has been extended to Friday
- As numbers at Rooted and Children’s Church were manageable, kids and youth don’t need to pre-register. They will still need to register and undergo screening on arrival.
- There will be 1.5m markers to assist you with physical distancing both around the registration table and leading up to the Holy Communion table. Please maintain this distance from each other at all times
- We will revert to the pre-packed communion cups.
CHILDREN’S PASTOR AD
West View Methodist Church seeks to employ a Children’s Pastor whose duties will include inter alia
1. Leading a team offering Children’s Ministry at our three Sunday Services
2. Leading Holiday Clubs, Junior Youth and Family life events
3. Providing Spiritual Formation classes to the students of West View College (Gr R – 7)
Send CV with contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 20 October 2020. Enquiries can be directed to Avril Sharpe via email.
Remuneration and terms of service will be discussed with shortlisted candidates.
For the full ad click here…
REV DR STANLEY MOGOBA ANNUAL LECTURE
The inaugural Rev Dr Stanley Mogoba Annual Lecture will be hosted by West View on Saturday 31st October at 14h00. Rev Ivan Abrahams, General Secretary of the World Methodist Council is the speaker. Whilst onsite attendance is by invitation only, the lecture will be live on the Methodist Church of Southern Africa Facebook page, and I invite you to participate online.
LEADERS MEETING ON WEDNESDAY 21st OCTOBER, 19h00 via ZOOM
Please will all members of the Leaders meeting prioritise attendance at this meeting. We have important decisions to make about the restructuring of our missions. We also need your input as we discern God’s way forward for us as a congregation moving into 2021. The Zoom link will be emailed out with the agenda next week.
Grace and Peace