June 25, 2020
Dear West View family
The further lifting of lockdown restrictions, coming as it does as the rate of spread of COVID-19 in Gauteng accelerates, places the responsibility for guarding one another’s safety firmly in our hands. Let us continue to practice social distancing, wearing of face masks, and frequent washing of hands as an expression of Christlike love for our neighbour.
STAYING IN TOUCH HAS NEVER BEEN MORE IMPORTANT!
The West View WhatsApp channel is proving an invaluable way for you to stay in touch with what’s happening in our congregational life during lockdown. If you have WhatsApp, save the number (072 537 2384) in your contacts, then send a WhatsApp to it with your name. If you would like to receive our daily devotion via WhatsApp, then send DEVO to the number via WhatsApp
MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR JENNY VAN SCHALKWYK
We mourn the sudden passing, last Saturday evening, of our beloved organist Jenny Van Schalkwyk. Jenny’s memorial service will be held at West View on Monday 29th June at 10h00. In line with lockdown regulations, the service is limited to 50 people. The sanctuary has been set up with 50 chairs placed at least 2 metres apart from each other, and congregants should wear a mask and arrive in good time so that they can fill in the wellness questionnaire. 35 places have been allocated to West View congregants. Please RSVP to email@example.com as soon as possible to reserve your space. The service will also be broadcast online. We will share details via WhatsApp of how to connect to the service online. Please join me in holding Joe and all of Jenny’s family in prayer.
Join us next Monday 29th June, 18h00 for our free webinar led by Paediatrician Dr Holly France on the effects of COVID-19 on Children and the immuno-compromised. Click here to pre-register: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_8xyk2i2-TWCux1Viy0EP_A
VACANCY : CHILDREN & FAMILY LIFE PASTOR
West View Methodist Church seeks to employ a Children’s Pastor whose duties will include inter alia
- Leading a team offering Children’s Ministry at our three Sunday Services
- Leading Holiday Clubs, Junior Youth and Family life events
- Providing Spiritual Formation classes to the students of West View College (Gr R – 7)
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a calling to disciple children in Wesleyan Christian spirituality
- Hold a PGCE or theological qualification, or be willing to study towards one
- Be trained in, or show willingness to be trained in, Godly Play
- Be passionate about recruiting, co-ordinating, training, motivating and pastoring a team of volunteers
- Be passionate about ministering to young families in our community
- Have administration and organising skills
- Have appropriate experience
Please send CV with contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 3 July 2020. Enquiries can be directed to Avril Sharpe via email.
Remuneration and terms of service will be discussed with shortlisted candidates.
WEST VIEW COLLEGE UPDATE
The primary school has had a very successful return to school. The Mark and Luke Halls are being used as classrooms to enable social distancing. Grade R and RR classes begin on 6th July.
Grace and Peace